Thursday, September 22, 2011

Re: [PROPOSAL] Any23 to join the incubator

Hi Lewis!
thanks a lot for your interest on Any23 and welcome aboard!! I'm going
to put you in the initial committers list!
All the best, have a nice day!
Simo

http://people.apache.org/~simonetripodi/
http://www.99soft.org/

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 4:39 PM, lewis john mcgibbney
<lewis.mcgibbney@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Further to the previous threads on this topic, I would like to express my
> interest in becoming a committer for the project. Coming from an academic
> background I am working extensively with the mapping of static legislative
> document resources to RDF datasets and then using these datasets across
> platforms such as Kasabi [1], and various projects closely linked to Jena,
> E.g. Joseki and Fuseki. Also I've found other tools such as eyeball reall
> helpful during my journey.
>
> I was voted in by the Apache Nutch PMC around three months ago as PMC member
> and Committer, and was thankfully directed to this thread by Chris Mattmann.
> The idea of extending the functionality of Any23 as a Nutch plugin is
> something which interests me, and which could also benefit academic/research
> users of Nutch such as myself. At this stage I don't have a strong opinion
> on whether Any23 should be a sub-project of Tika, but think it is very
> encouraging that it seems like a probable direction the project is/could
> move towards.
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> Lewis
>
> [1]
> http://beta.kasabi.com/dataset/wombra-scottish-technical-standards-section-6-energy
>
> --
> *Lewis*
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: general-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: general-help@incubator.apache.org

No comments:

Post a Comment